As a freelance literary journalist and PR professional, I know what makes a good story. That’s why for the last six years, I’ve been teaching both new and established writers how to build their own brand and effectively publicise and promote their work both on and offline, through my Business of Being and Author and Be Your Own Publicist courses.
Now, I’ve decided to take things one step by offering one-to-one mentoring sessions for authors, where we can work together to develop a tailored publicity strategy for you and your work.
During these sessions I can offer help on:
- building your author brand
- becoming an expert in your field
- gaining coverage in the media – including information on pitching to journalists and editors
- developing a publicity strategy for the run up to publication day
- keeping the momentum going after publication day
- improving your online presence
- launching your own newsletter
- pitching yourself to festivals, events, podcasts and blogs
- putting together your own on or offline launch event
- overcoming hurdles and managing your time effectively.
Session costs are as follows:
£100 for a one hour zoom session.
During this one-hour session, we can examine one or two specific issues in detail or look at your current publicity plan as a whole, and work on how to improve it.
£300 for one 90 minute zoom session, followed by three 45 minute sessions (spread over four weeks).
During our initial session, we will take an in-depth look at your current situation, examine any issues and put together a clear and concise publicity action plan going forward. Over the month, I will mentor you while you put your action plan into place, helping you overcome any obstacles and bumps in the road.
*Additional one-hour follow up sessions can be booked as and when required at a cost of £80.
To book your session, email me at: email@example.com
About Dawn Geddes
Dawn Geddes is freelance arts journalist and copywriter. She writes for a number of publications, including the Scots Magazine, where she is the publications Book Correspondent, reviewing books and interviewing authors on a monthly basis. She has over 20 years’ experience in the public relations and digital communications field and has developed a particular specialism for working with clients in the literature sector, including bestselling authors and leading literary festivals.